Moore Seed Farm has been a grower of quality seeds since 1937. A family owned business, we are searching for a motivated student intern who is looking to expand their knowledge while assisting management in operations and field scouting during peak seasons. The ideal intern would be interested in careers in ag education, agronomy or the seed industry as a whole, though general agricultural studies would be considered.
The student intern selected will help support safe, effective, and efficient management of the seed production processes. The primary role of the intern will be to help management oversee crews of seasonal (mostly youth) field hands responsible for detasseling seed corn. The student intern will also assist management in many other aspects of production, including but not limited too; field work, seed cleaning, treating & packaging, daily farm operations, field scouting for weed and disease identification, and crop progress reporting such as stand counts and yield estimates. The selected intern will play a critical part in the success of the peak season and while gaining knowledge and opportunities that will assist them in their future careers
Roll & expectations
- Be enrolled in a two or four year agricultural program.
- Maintain a professional attitude that promotes a positive image of our company.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to multitask and manage people.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make decisions in the moment.
- Ability to work systemically and independently
- Willingness to as for clarification or help when needed.
- Ability or willingness to learn to drive tractors, operate machinery, etc as needed.
- Ability to physically tolerate exposure to sun, dust, noise and temperature variation. Must be physically dexterous enough to do moderate lifting, climbing, and walking.
- Ability to potentially work long hours during the peak season.
- Have a valid driver's license.
Student internship opportunity is available from June-August. The student will be compensated for their work. Hours and pay will be discussed upon start.
To apply, send resume to Stephenie Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org